THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SPOTS IN AND AROUND THE ZUMBERAK NATURE PARK:
• Sopot waterfall
Winding road to this lovely location. Ideal setting for a pick-nick.
• Old ruin of Zumberak
Mooie plek om te genieten van een oud stukje historie.
• Slapnica canyon
Narrow road leads you nine kilometer in this wonderful nature reserve with many waterfalls. There are two walking trails right of the road that lead you to two more waterfalls. At the end of the road lives grandma Nada at her own private water mill.
• Lovic Prekriski
The most astonishing view in all of Croatia!!!
• Top of Sveta Gera
When the road conditions are not too bad you can drive your vehicle all the way to the top from the village of Radatovice. Very nice view and an old wooden chapel at the top.
• Gornji Lovic
Fantastic viewpoint and old chapel.
Another hill top with great views!
• Petrus Vrh
Park your car at the grave yard and enjoy the 3d view on Vivodina. Famous point for photographers.
Abandoned village with great views. From here you can also climb to the top of mount Stula.
• Old watermill
At a lovely creek right at the Slovenian border. A fellow is restoring this old water mill into a guest house. A must see!
• Ozalj Castle
One of the most beautifully situated castles of Croatia. Nice view on the Kupa river with the train driving underneath the castle.
• Sveti Duh
A lovely white chapel on the hill. Enjoy the lovely setting of the vineyard and meet mr. Vrbanek the owner.
Nice view with a possibility for a pick nick.
Old castle and little church close to each other.
• Medven Draga
Another old historic watermill left on the mainroad.
Very nice view on Mount Stula.
IDEAL LOCATIONS FOR SWIMMING:
• Jurovo: Lovely surrounding and a small bar for cold drinks on warm day.
• Orljkavo: Very nice secluded place for swimming with a small waterfall.
• Bubnjarci: Lovely setting with shallow water.
• Grdun: This is the Dobra river, always a bit colder but great setting with café, terrace, waterfall and plenty of parking. Free entrance!
PLACES FOR SLEEPING:
• Pension Culig in Vrhovac: Beautiful location and wonderful home made food.
• Bed & Breakfast Ribaric in Orljakovo: Modest rooms, very nice location.
• Pension Zganjer in Jaskovo: Quality rooms and the best breakfast in Croatia!
• Lagotto’s Peak: Modest rooms, fantastic views and possibility for truffle hunting.
• Heart of Nature: Very nice and authentic holiday village.
PLACES FOR EATING:
• Zumberacki Raj: Delicious trout in the heart of the nature park.
• Culig: No “ala carte” but excellent home made food in a lovely vineyard setting.
• Zganjer Jaskovo: Excellent food and the best breakfast in Croatia. Try the typical and delicious Frankopan cake.
• Doris Restaurant: Fast and easy, very near to the border crossing.
DOWNLOADS FOR TRIPS IN THE COUNTRYSIDE: